Friday, March 02, 2007

Jitterbug



Who could resist such a yarn? Not me. I was definitely not going to buy anything. Just taking my friend on a yarn shop hop. But then I saw this Colinette Jitterbug in the colorway Jewel. I guess it was a good thing they only had one hank.

My camera batteries died right after I took this photo. Otherwise I'd have tried again to get something with a better focus. The colors though are pretty accurate.

There's supposedly enough for a pair of socks but I doubt it. I'm looking for somethng to use for heels and toes. No hurry. I'm just as happy admiring the yarn in the hank.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knit a pair of socks with one skein, had a little left over. I guess I didn't take a picture for my blog, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Unless you're making particularly large socks, one skein really should do it. Several women in my knitting community have made socks from Jitterbug recently.

Renee said...

I have some of the Wildfoote in that purple that I used for the toes of the Koigu socks I've been working on. I can't tell the Jitterbug's shade of purple but I can bring it next week to knit night if you'd like to check it out. BEAUTIFUL yarn btw!

Monika said...

Yeah, right! Who can go into a yarn shop and NOT buy anything??? Not me! ;o) This is real colorful yarn!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about this color since I saw it the other day....it is really cheery!
Susan

Mauren Mureaux said...

Cool! Now who could have a bad day wearing socks made out of that?

~Suz~