Thursday, August 16, 2007

FO, found object

Before I forget again, if you leave a comment and would like a response, I need your email address. The Blogger commenting system doesn't show commenters email addresses unless you have one on your Blogger profile page. You can email me directly. My email address is on my profile page. I may already have your address from some other source. Unfortunately I've lost some addresses I used to have when some crap happened once upon a time. You can even leave your email address, suitably disguised, in your comment. I will do my very best to reply. Sometimes I fall behind. (So Debby you'll need to email me or something if you want more details on the Purl Soho address etc.)



A few days ago I was rummaging through my stash for something to substitute for the Classic Elite Skye Tweed that I want for the Cobblestone sweater. I still haven't found the yarn I'm looking for. But I did find this abandoned project. Must be at least three years since I put it aside. I think I just got bored with it. Anyway, the wool I'm looking for is the same as this except it's a different color. I know it's here. The color in the photo is way off. The sweater isn't gray at all.



It's more like this detail except a little more brown. I decided to continue and see if I could get this done in case we ever get cooler weather. I've been spending a lot of time on small needles recently so working with size 8US/5.0MM is really speedy. The yarn is called Country Wool. I think it was distributed by KFI. Not sure since I got it at least ten years ago before Mariposa moved to South Pasadena. I'm using a pattern from Simply Beautiful Sweaters for Men by Linden Phelps and Beryl Hiatt, owners of Tricoter in Seattle.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! I hope to see this tonight at knitting. It looks great so far, and something that I'd love to see in the finished project.

Temperance said...

I am fascinated by the cable ribs, I stole the picture for insperation and would love to see the finished project.